What this blog is for and about



I also offer personally-tailored, individualized English conversation practice (including etiquette) and coaching in writing techniques. Finally, I edit texts such as magazines, business proposals, memorandums, emails so they are presented in English which does not embarrass you or your organization. For further details, please mail me at: language.etiquette@gmail.com

Remember: all pictures can be expanded to full page size by clicking on them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


22 April 2012

Connoisseur's choice #3: Dombeya's Sauvignon Blanc 2010




A splendid afternoon at the Marriott Courtyard hotel last Friday where Wines of South Africa were displaying the best vintages from the Cape, and offering samples. I tried several and, as the afternoon wore on, several more. I concentrated on the whites, which can be wonderful when chilled, and evoke memories of other afternoons in the shade of spreading trees when the heat and the exotic scenery are perfectly complemented by something like the Dombeya, which I settled on  as the best offering of the day.
     Dombeya had two wines at the event, a more expensive Shiraz, fermented in oak, and the Sauvignon Blanc, fermented in stainless steel vats. I tried several glasses of both, but rather to my surprise, the latter was the nicer. But then, perhaps, it was because of the lady who offered it to me. I do not know which is the more effective aid to fluency in a foreign language: wine or women; relaxation or motivation. Best, of course, is both.

No comments:

Post a Comment