What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

14 February 2013

Conservation of chickens

While cooking the St Valentine's Day feast tonight, a roast chicken with a sauce of historic qualities and  an international reputation, I was taking a wee dram on the side, with a beer (Ochakovo originalno, the best), and listening to Atlantic FM, as I regularly do on the Internet radio.
     I heard an advertisement  for the station and for a new programme they are introducing, the details of which escape me. At the end of the advertisement, the announcer lowered his voice and speeded up his delivery, in a "Terms and Conditions apply" way. He put on a hunky American '50s advertiser voice and said this:
"No chickens were harmed during the making of this programme, only eaten."
     Pip! pip!

1 comment:

  1. Just heard on the radio: "No animals were harmed while making this program. Though we just ordered a bucket of chicken" :-)

    ReplyDelete