What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

12 May 2016

Green economics: Schumacher and the revolution that has yet to happen

An interesting programme about Ernst Schumacher, the "small is beautiful" economist of the 1960s and '70s. I remember hearing him lecture when I was at University,. I could nnot help wondering why such a polite man would want  to spend his life working fo the National Coal Board.

He was hardly listened to then, and is not much listened to now. But some people think that ought, change, and might just be changing as we speak (of Michelangelo - with he women who come and go).

E F Schumacher

No comments:

Post a Comment