What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

26 May 2016

Berry Gordy, Motown and the symphony the Supremes once heard....

A fabulous programme which illustrates the great, eternal truth that gumption and generosity of spirit usually go together. When they do (and only when they do) great creativity can result.
I especially recommend listening to the story of the song that was chosen as the best of the eight. I won't say what it is, but fifty years after I first heard it, it still makes me want to get up and dance, or weave off down the street singing it to myself and the astonished passers-by: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bt72r

Kirsty Young interviews Berry Gordy, record producer and creator of the Motown label.
BBC.CO.UK

No comments:

Post a Comment