TEACHING YOU THE LANGUAGE THE LANGUAGE SCHOOLS DON'T TEACH, AND
GIVING YOU THE EXAMPLES THE EXEMPLARY SCHOOLS DON'T GIVE
What this blog is for and about
This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.
01 August 2014
Creative mistakes
I have often written about how some of the mistakes Russians make with English actually ADD to the interest of what they are saying. I had one today from a very beautiful lady who wrote this: "also very qurious".
There is no other meaning, it is just that it now contains a hint of QUestion or QUery.
I remember a Russian once asking where the logic was in spelling "wheat" the way it is spelled. She thought it would be better as "hwit" which, if you think of it, is more phonetic.
Ian, sorry to ask, but could you please explain the second meaning of "qurious" (apart from obvious misspell from "curious")
ReplyDeleteThere is no other meaning, it is just that it now contains a hint of QUestion or QUery.
ReplyDeleteI remember a Russian once asking where the logic was in spelling "wheat" the way it is spelled. She thought it would be better as "hwit" which, if you think of it, is more phonetic.