What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

05 September 2012

Pussy Riot

I have now been asked by so many people what I think about the Pussy Riot case that I feel I ought to comment. As this is a language rather than a political blog, I will concentrate on the linguistic aspect of the matter. The first and most important point in that respect is that I am not even sure what the name means.
     What actually is a pussy riot?
     Perhaps the most polite way of explaining my question would be to ask: what is the opposite of that type of riot?
     Is it a puppy riot or a cocky riot?
     What do readers think?


No comments:

Post a Comment