What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

29 September 2026

First review of Russia and the Rule of Law

This is the first published review of the book, Russia and the Rule of Law. The writer, Dom Wightman, has instinctively understood what the book is really about, which in the end is the relationship between power and manners in the public sphere. I will let readers judge what they think of that issue, but it is certainly one of the most important in the world today - a world in which various leaders display different ideas about the exercise of power and the etiquette of restraint. 

You can read the full review here: https://countrysquire.co.uk/2026/09/29/a-magnificent-obsession-ian-mitchells-russia-and-the-rule-of-law/ 


You can buy the book in paperback here: Russia and the Rule of Law by Ian Mitchell


And on Kindle here: Russia and the Rule of Law - Kindle edition




From the book: "On the road in rural Russia" - I covered 20,000 kilometres over 12 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment