Chips Channon Diaries
This film is a review of the beautifully written diaries of a waspish insider (American who became and MP and married into the Guinness family) and obsessional social climber, from 1918-38.
It includes his visit to the Olympics in Berlin and his impressions of the competitive party-giving by Ribbentrop, Goering and Goebbels (each of which he attended).
It goes on to cover Channon's dislike of socialists (except Ramsay MacDonald as ex-socialist) and, most remarkably of all, the night the King came to dinner, and the extraordinary thing he said.
I am sure you will enjoy watching - just 35 minutes!
60 - Chips Channon Diaries - ed. Heffer (2021) - YouTube
TEACHING YOU THE LANGUAGE THE LANGUAGE SCHOOLS DON'T TEACH, AND GIVING YOU THE EXAMPLES THE EXEMPLARY SCHOOLS DON'T GIVE
What this blog is for and about
This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.
20 May 2021
When King Edward said: "I want to pump shit" ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment