What this blog is for and about

This blog was oringally intended to help accustom Rusian su8ers of English to use the langauge with wit, accruacy and decorum. Now, it mainly concneres books that I recommend. I hope you find it useful.

17 April 2016

The life and death of an amazing man: James Garfield, President of the USA

One of the wittiest and most interesting talks on a historical subject I have heard. We don't know much about this man, James Garfield, as he was shot so soon after becoming President, and was also so "normal" a man. He was assassinated in the same year as Alexander II was, and the difference between the Tsar and the President could hardly be more pronounced.

I know I have mentioned this programme already, but it so good (I have just listened to it for a second time) that I am going to break the habit of a lifetime and repeat myself!

Enjoy! http://www.c-span.org/video/?325579-1/discussion-assassination-president-james-garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment